Friday, February 23, 2024

Four patch posy

Last year when our quilting group discussed projects for 2024, the Four Patch Posy was one of the possibilities mentioned. So off to the shops to find 4 repeats of a floral fabric with large motifs and a dark background.  One would have thought it is a rather simple task, but I rather struggled to find a piece that met all the requirements.  I finally settled on red hibiscus flowers printed on a black background.

Under the guidance of one of our members, Elsa, we all got cutting our fabrics.  With Elsa's help I was able to use the whole one meter piece I bought with minimum waste. As the flowers are so big and prominent, I cut 6" blocks whereas the other ladies cut 4" blocks.  The pattern is a simplified kaleidoscope with four identical blocks making up one posy.

I wasn't really happy with my choice of fabric when I initially started laying out the blocks as it didn't have the prominent kaleidoscope effect, but I do think the 9 blocks turned out quite beautiful in the end.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Store opened on Oregon Patchworks

Ever since winning the full Embroidery Studio by Sierra in 2004, I dabbled with digitizing designs as well as wanting to open an online stor...