Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mandala

I seldom buy fabric without a quilt in mind, but couldn't pass the opportunity to get one of these mandala prints from Amafu when they visited Bloemfontein in 2018.  I had no plan or idea what I was going to do with it at the time, just thought it was pretty.


So, during 2019, Daleen Lubbe of Stitchdelight digitized designs to embroider on a Dream Big panel from Hoffman's, and I thought it could work on the mandala as well as using it as an exercise piece before tackling the actual Dream Big panel I bought. And boy, was I hooked.  Once I started I just couldn't stop, so 2 weeks and 52 hoopings later, the mandala is done.


Embroidering for 20 years now, I know how challenging it can be to get designs to line up, but Daleen's instructions made it super easy as did the way she digitized it with a placement line first.  





It was so satisfying to see this project grow petal by petal and turn an already beautiful piece of fabric into something truly exquisite.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...