When I started working on this quit, winning prizes was the last thing on my mind. After 8 months of not quilting at all after our house burned, this was the first project I started working on. I wanted to use taffeta and when I found a beautiful coordinating satin, there was no stopping.
Little did I knew that this quilt would go on to win first prize in it's class at the Bloem Show as well as 2 special prizes - one for best quilted article and one for best traditional quilt!
At the prize giving function I received these two trophy's:
from the beautiful Miss Bloem Show 2016 Marylyn van Vuuren.
And this is the winning quilt:
The Judge comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Curved Log Cabin Quilt
For 2026's National Quilt Day, the South African Quilters' Guild choose the curved log cabin pattern. I have been wanting to stit...
-
After finishing the twisted log cabin runners, I decided to finish this quilt which I started in 2023 when I was unemployed. Although onl...
-
At one of our Guild's quarterly meetings last year, kits for making a thumb pincushion was handed out as gifts to all attending. Whil...
-
Two fellow quilters visited me mid-June to get some tips for making a Jelly Roll Rug. I am no professional but having done one already I wa...




No comments:
Post a Comment