Friday, February 17, 2023

Strata Star finished

I finished quilting this runner and added it's label.


 I used a combination of embroidery designs, walking foot quilting as well as free motion/meander using variegated thread.



The feathers was done using this set from Embroidery Library.

I then added the circles using the walking foot and meander in-between.

With the label added, the first quilt for 2023 is done and dusted. (For the backing I used Shweshwe fabric, a first for me.  It is a printed dyed cotton fabric locally produced by Three Cats, widely used for traditional South African clothing.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...