Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cheating block quilt - Post 1

This project was started February 2011 by our 3 quilting friends, me, Annelie and Natasha after we completed the Beginners Quilting course under Hettie Pringle's (from Stitchingmatters) leadership.

I decided to embroider my pictures using these beautiful cross stitch designs by Ellen Maurer Stroh.  I could not believe my luck when I stumbled on her website a few years ago and the fact that it was available for free!  With huge copyright infringements, it is however not free anymore.

It took about 3 hours each to embroider with an average of 30 thread changes each.  It was however worthwhile.  Below are photos of 6 of the 12 Baby Animals I embroidered for the quilt.
 
Christmas Kitten Baby

Mouse Baby

Bluetit Baby

Turtle baby






Butterfly baby

Lamb baby



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...