Sunday, April 29, 2012

My First Quilt

In 2009 my embroidery friend, Maresa Pretorius, invited me on a quilting journey.  She wanted to make a Latte Quilt for each of her two daughters and asked whether I would be interested.  Being an embroidery enthusiast as well, I jumped at the chance. 

It took the better part of 18 months to finish.  Each of the 16 blocks was embroidered in 8 to 14 steps as I could only embroider 13 x 18 cm at the time.  A completed block measured 35 x 35 cm.  As neither of us mastered the free motion stitching at the time, we had it done.  Look on the Quilting page for photo's of the complete quilt.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...