Monday, August 28, 2017

Stained Glass Butterflies

After our annual meeting on the 19th of August, the Two Old Broads from Bethulie, Charlotte and Aletta, showed us a quick and easy way to achieve a stained glass effect without having to stitch bias binding strips.

I opted for a butterfly made from Jinny Beyer fabrics.





























Then I started working on a background using Langalapu Fabrics which I cut into 1.5" squares after ironing applique paper to the back.  These squares was then ironed onto a piece of silver/grey taffeta with 1/4" space in between.  Another technique demonstrated to us by Charlotte and Aletta.

I used two color ways which I wanted to combine but my husband advised me against it and as both pieces was already cut up, I now have two backgrounds to play with and 2 new projects in the making!








2 comments:

  1. Dit lyk nou interessant. Word die skoenlapper op die ou end op die agtergrond gesit? Ek volg die proses, want ek dink dit gaan pragtig lyk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ek mis altyd die kommentare, skuus! Ja, die skoenlapper gaan op die agtergrond gesit word. Ek dink aan 'n waterlelie ook - 'n hele collage.

      Delete

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...