Monday, August 22, 2022

Scrap Quilt

Over the years since I started quilting in 2010 I thought from time to time about making a quilt from all the scraps left over from all the different quilts as I just can't get it over my heart to throw fabric away.  So I kept all the tiny pieces and when I saw this design set from Molly Mine I knew this was exactly what I needed.

I started last week and finished 12 blocks of 7" square thus far.



Although the stitching time on the machine shows approximately 20 minutes, each block takes about 2 hours.  I add the batting and backing before stitching the satin stitching around the block, so the block is all done when I take it out of the hoop ready for free motion stitching.

This quilt will be gifted when done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...