Thursday, January 2, 2020

Heritage Quilt - Complete

Finally I am able to reveal what I had being working on the last two months!  I finally completed this quilt which was ongoing since 2011.



All of the blocks was done on the back side of the silk and/or satin, so for the sasching I used the front/shiny side and stitched wavy lines with the walking foot.  The borders was again done on the backside.

The first border I stitched just did not work, so I free motioned the 4 x 1,5m borders with this paisley pattern.

Below are close-ups of the blocks with the quilting that had been done.





This is my husband's favourite by far.  As I was on sick leave during November, I manage to finish the top without him knowing about it.  All what was left to do was the borders for which I initially wanted to buy more of the Thai silk I used for the cornerstones.  But as the fabric was already bought in 2010 and out of town, I had no luck.  Luckily I had enough left overs to use.

Now just to figure out how to keep the animals off the bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...