Friday, August 17, 2018

Mystery Quilt

I have finished the first two rows and quilted them with the embroidery machine using two feathered designs of this set by Embroidery Library and my, what a tedious process it is.  Although the designs stich in a minute, getting the quilt in the frame and lining it up adds quite a few extra minutes.  With the largest frame of 180mm x 300mm I can only stitch 2 designs in a single hooping.

Below is a photo taken after I starting the quilting process.  With the 2 rows combined the beautiful pattern is finally visible.  And what a beauty it is!






Quilting with the embroidery machine is not a fast process at all. These two rows took 5 evenings to complete and with 4 more rows to go, it will be some time before the whole quilt will be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...