It is amazing how fast a quilt can grow if you just get down to business. Working 3 nights this week on this project left only 2 rows of 6 blocks each to be done. 5 rows are joined with another 2 rows ready to be added. The 2 rows left is however the most difficult ones. Paper piecing but as the blocks measure only 5 inches it is minute pieces that must be stitched together.
The 2 rows I did this week was one with stars as suggested by another group of our Guild, called Stars (a.k.a. Sterre in Afrikaans).
Then I continued on with the row of Courthouse steps
whilst Gizmo kept me company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Curved Log Cabin Quilt
For 2026's National Quilt Day, the South African Quilters' Guild choose the curved log cabin pattern. I have been wanting to stit...
-
After finishing the twisted log cabin runners, I decided to finish this quilt which I started in 2023 when I was unemployed. Although onl...
-
A client of mine phoned me on Wednesday 19 December asking me if would be possible to make 2 sets of kneeling cushions with the accompanying...
-
At one of our Guild's quarterly meetings last year, kits for making a thumb pincushion was handed out as gifts to all attending. Whil...





No comments:
Post a Comment