Thursday, October 8, 2015

21st Birthday presents

I started to embroider for the first time in 18 months again and although I was rather out of practice, especially with all the problems one can encounter whilst embroidering, I quickly got the hang of it again.

When a colleague of my at work turned 21 recently,  I was asked to embroider his initials on a set of handkerchiefs.  I used co-ordinating colours which blended in quite nice.



His parents gave his room a makeover, so I decided his bathroom needs one too.  So, I embroidered a set of towels for him.

 
I used a silver/black mixed metallic thread which co-ordinated with the charcoal towels with just a little bit of silver in the scrolls.


 It did not photograph well at all, but the end result in real life is really stunning.  Plain, but beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloemshow 2024

I won two 1st prizes at this year's Bloemshow as well as a floating trophy for the most entries entered by a single quilter which was 7 ...